Friday, March 20, 2015

Hope and Doctors

In my last post I wrote about some doctors who didn't believe me this is the complete opposite.  In the past two days I have been in the ER twice.  One scary new symptom after another. 

On Wednesday I could barely breathe. Our best guess is that the RSD spread is impacting my heart. Every single test came back normal. I'm pretty used to that but it is so hard to rarely get answers. 

Yesterday I had an appointment with a neurologist who was so incredibly caring. He even said that so often patients with conditions like RSD or Lyme are faced with doctors who have no clue about the condition.  So then instead of the doctors admitting they don't know everything they'll call the patient crazy.  I was astonished to hear that come out of a doctor's mouth. I have experienced it more times than I can count. To hear him say that gave me such hope. Unfortunately there isn't much he can do but he cared and that means the world to me. 

Later that day my left side became numb, tingly, and extremely painful. The neurologist's office wanted me to go to the ER. More tests were run and still no answers. No answers is incredibly hard but each and every person I saw in the ER never once doubted I had Lyme or RSD. I can't tell you how refreshing that was.  There is hope in the medical community. 

Today I am still struggling to breathe although there is some improvement. Left side is still numb and tingly but not too painful. We're dealing with serious stuff and we have no answers. Your prayers would be appreciated as we try to figure this out. 

2 comments:

  1. Crystal HermosuraMarch 30, 2015 at 2:56 PM

    I am always praying for you dear friend. I miss you. I love you. Praying for answers and lots of smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Crystal! Miss you and love you too. Thank you for your prayers, they mean more than you know! <3

      Delete