Today (October 8th) would have been Nana's 85th birthday. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her. I wanted to celebrate her birthday by sharing ten things she taught me.
1. Treasure family heirlooms and share the stories that go with them.
2. It is better to arrive ten minutes early or right on time...never late.
3. Save your five dollar bills and at the end of the year buy something special.
4. If you see a need and can do something about it. Do it.
5. Never stop reading.
6. Always have a secret stash of candy
7. If you really want something, save up your money. I remember the story of her saving up to buy a watch when she got her first job. She was so proud when she finally got it.
8. Don't go into debt.
9. Never stop going out with the girls.
10. And of course she always told me to "be good.". And for me that means trying to glorify God in all I do.
Happy Birthday Nana! Love you.