Thursday, July 2, 2015

Only a Number



I heard from my Lyme Doctor today. My CD-57 numbers are still low. For the past six months my doctor was pretty sure my numbers would be at 60 considering I have been feeling better. Two years ago I started at 21 and then after intense treatment I was up to 37. For the past year and a half I have been in the 30s. And today I am at 43 which is the highest I have ever been. Even so, I am disappointed. After aggressive treatment for two years and consistent treatment for four, I hoped my numbers would be higher and we could at least stay on current treatment or start decreasing the dosage. Unfortunately my number being this low means I will need to up treatment although I am still trying to figure out what this entails.

I would really appreciate prayers for encouragement. Fighting Lyme is getting wearisome. Especially when it doesn't always feel like treatment is working. And while I could try to treat really aggressively I don't know if my body can handle it. Thankfully I am better than I was four years ago. I just wish this battle was almost over instead of realizing there is a lot more fighting ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment