Saturday, August 6, 2011

I Love Lucy


My love for Lucy began the first time I watched I Love Lucy. I love laughing at the crazy situations she gets into and the hilarious facial expressions she makes. And the fact that she is also a redhead makes me love her even more. A few years ago a friend and I dressed as Lucy and Ethel for a costume party. And I am constantly using quotes to fill everyday conversation. I was giddy with delight when I saw Google this morning! Are you seeing a pattern?

When Shawn and I were engaged I started watching episodes frequently as a stress reliever from wedding planning. The more I watched I noticed many similarities between our relationship and Ricky and Lucy's. The first month of our marriage we watched an episode or two of I Love Lucy each night.  We would laugh and tell the other one "You do that too!" Ricky and Lucy's cross cultural marriage provides much humor to the show and I find that Shawn and my differences from growing up so differently is quite humorous as well. Thankfully I am not quite as crazy as Lucy but I do have my moments.

All this is to wish a Happy 100th Birthday to Lucille Ball and here's to at least 60 more years of I Love Lucy reruns! Any one else watch reruns all day today?

"I'm happy that I have brought laughter because I have been shown by many the value of it in so many lives, in so many ways." - Lucille Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment